Full-Time: Childcare Worker / Daycare Operator
About Roots & Wings: Roots and Wings is a full-service childcare center, operating in Grand Forks, BC. The center offers full-time Daycare, Preschool classes, and Out of School Care for elementary children. We are a small operation, that holds quality care as a top priority – as such, each and every staff member is crucial for the center’s success.
About the Position: The primary piece of this position is to help run the Daycare, but being a small business, we all work to cover and support each other, and in some form, you will also have a role supporting our Preschool and Out of School Care programs.
The Daycare program is primarily run at the facility, though short walking trips and related activities can be planned. We do our best to have three employees onsite every day, as to allow for breaks and relief as needed, but there are instances where you may be responsible for childcare over the entirety of your shift (ie: other staff are out sick).
We strive to provide a super positive work environment, and really rely on an engaged and committed team. If you are considering applying to this position, know that your role here will be important, and that we need someone who is ready to consistently show up, and who is ready to change the lives of some great kids. Sick days are understandable (and paid), but without a team that is present, meeting our own standards becomes a challenge.
Start Date: October 1st – or sooner for the right candidate
Wages: Community leading wages. Dependent on certification / experience. Comprehensive Benefits.
Hours: 25-35 hours per week – Mon to Thur (The center occasionally runs Tues to Fri during holiday/long weekend weeks)
- Provide the highest quality care to all children at all times
- Ongoing measurement and documentation of child progress
- Creating and adapting a safe and inviting learning environment
- Creative program planning with developmentally appropriate activities
- Creating partnerships with parents and families
- Daily cleaning and organizing as scheduled / needed
- Must be 19 years of Age and have successfully completed the responsible adult course.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma with valid BC ECE License to practice (preferable, but not required)
Requirements: (some of which may be obtained between now and start date)
- A Valid First Aid Certificate with Child safe
- A compliant Criminal Record Check
- The ability to work both independently and with a partner (both instances will be common)
- Emotional stability and cognitive endurance
- The Physical ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs
If interested, please submit your resume by email – [email protected] – or phone after business hours to arrange for in person drop off – 250.444.0758.